Integrating Your SEO And Social Media
By: Steve Kenneth, September 03, 2013
Its time we all come to reality about SEO and Social Networking. Its about time we actually see just how important Social Networking is for SEO and how important SEO is for Social Networking. You see, they both go hand in hand and who ever is not using Social Media for their business should strat using it right now. Social media like Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, and LinkedIn will not just dissappear and will continue to play an important role in SEO.
As SEO’s place in the digital marketing world transforms, thanks to search engine formula tweaks and the expanding significance of content marketing, the productivity of incorporating your SEO technique into your larger social media advertising and marketing strategy has become more manifest than ever.
According to studies from Searchmetrics, Social Media is one of the most important factors when working with SEO and ranking your website or blog.
Therefore, it can even be said that straightening your SEO and social networks efforts is necessary in maximizing your brand exposure, because each enhances the other.
Below are 6 vital strategies for balancing your SEO and social media practices.
1. Frame your social media marketing in terms of keywords
The cornerstone of SEO is keywords. There’s no reason not to likewise center your SMM around those exact same keywords, consequently laser-focusing on your target audience. First recognize the broad themes that drive your social networks, possibly by referencing your editorial calendar if you utilize one, then narrow in on even more particular keywords.
Keep in mind that it’s insufficient to think about what kinds of content your followers (or individuals you wish to be your fans) want. Consider the certain keywords or keyword phrases those people are in fact browsing social networks with.
2. Align social media and SEO keywords.
Cross-check that list of social keywords against your SEO keyword bank. Then leverage the resulting replicate keywords across all your marketing stations– from your Facebook page “about” area and LinkedIn business page description to press release headlines and Slideshare deck titles– and you’ve simply increased, at minimum, the targeted strength of your outreach.
See to it to implement the dually aligned keyword practice not just for static digital content, but likewise day-to-day social updates. That is, for every brand-new piece of content you push out via social media, from blog posts to white papers to infographics, align the keywords you utilize in tweets, Facebook posts, pin captions, and the like with the keywords you’ve enhanced those web pages for. For example, if you released a blog post about tracking Twitter trends, make use of the phrase “Twitter trends” in the tweets, Facebook posts, Google+ posts, and the like that you use to advertise the post.
3. Capture attention on social media at the crest of the wave
In order to move the needle on link clicks and site goes to, you have to round up social media buzz when the wave is approaching its peak, otherwise your content– and resultant hits– will be lost among-st the sound. Tap into tools like TrendSpottr (which incorporates with HootSuite) and Trendsmap to monitor when a topic is trending, then capitalize.
It can also be valuable to use social listening software like Nimble, BrandWatch, or Radian6 to proactively tune into exactly what your target audience is talking about, rather than waiting to determine what becomes hot, then chime in with your own pertinent content.
4. Incorporate social networks deeply into your internet site
It goes without stating that social sharing tools must be enmeshed in your site architecture.
Reference this checklist to guarantee you’re striking your visitors (tactfully) at every social angle possible, thereby reinforcing your SEO in tandem:.
- Add social media profile badges to your homepage.
- Include social networks sharing buttons to your e-newsletters.
- Add social media sharing buttons to individual post.
- Include tailored social media widgets to page sidebars.
- Include links on each of your social networks profiles to your various other social profiles.
- Include social media commenting functionality, whether through Facebook, Disqus, or another plug-in.
- Include Google Authorship for website factors.
5. Leverage your blog as an SEO and social media owner.
Exactly what much better resource for link-building than your website’s blog site? As social signals become integrated into search engine ranking formulas, there is now a direct correlation between social networks and search results. Think of it this way: strong, initial content is the # 1 most effective SEO strategy, and also the # 1 motorist of social media ROI.
Tap into the rich potential of your blog to strengthen your online search engine positions and your social networks reach and engagement levels by doing the following:.
- Post strong, definitive, original content and advertise it “early and typically” on social networks making use of keywords streamlined with your SEO practice. Material must be packaged properly for each social media network– the means you promote a post on Twitter will be worded differently than the way you tease it on Facebook– but always remember there’s no limitation to how many times you can disperse each piece, as long as you do so tastefully and over a time period.
- Create appropriate internal links within every blog post you publish.
- Make sure website visitors can browse easily in between your blog site and major site, from any page.
- Use your blog site to build relationships with various other market blogs, developing SEO-relevant link opportunities.
- Ensure any links you push out by means of social media send out users to the preferred landing pages per your SEO technique.
6. Measure success and readjust utilizing metrics.
As with any digital marketing tactic, you cannot assess what’s working or not working without monitoring. Monitor your internet site and social media activity and align reference indicate get a sense of your hits and misses. The objective is to see upticks in engagement on social in addition to conversions on-site.
Make sure to analyze the quality, and not simply the volume, of traffic to actually get a sense of whether your SEO and SMM methods are effectively mirroring each other. Your analytics must offer you with not simply an understanding of the results each specific channel produces, however likewise how they carry out together. Have a look at our Full Individual’s Overview of Google Analytics for even more details.Share