The web has its trends that come and go. So 2013 carries with it some web design trends from 2012 and some new ones in 2013. Designs can make or break web these days. In this article it is discussed about the trends which should be followed in 2013 for website design.
- Responsive layouts: This was also a trend in 2012 but responsive web design has been changing in such a way that it comes to threshold where the site layouts are designed to match all the digital devices. The idea behind this is basically to support all devices from desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones to any other device released in future. The sole purpose of responsive web design is not only to cater the mobile browsers but is to develop a site which has uniform web design with the single set of codes that run on all devices perfectly. You must think about a website design having a single canvas which is dynamic as well as fluid in nature. CSS3 queries will help developers to customize the layouts according to the screen size.
- Fixed header bars: It is important to provide constant support to the visitors for navigation. So, if you fix up your header bar on every page of your website, the user will able to navigate easily. The simplest and the easiest way to staple your header bar on every page is to use CSS position: fixed. This property will allow the users to navigate from the page on which they are present rather than tripping back to the home page. The design is very trendy and provides an exceptional user experience.
- Minimalist landing pages: anyone who has spend some time on web for searching markets will understand that selling on web is just to play smart. Internet is a place where you can sell the products which are not physical like videos and other creative resources. Creating a landing page is to just grab the attention of the visitors and convert them into customers. The idea behind this is minimalism. This means the website must have a minimum content but must be easily understandable and clearly defines your products or services. Keep everything so simple and clear about your products or services that the user understands about it quickly.
- Digital QR Codes: QR codes stands for Quick Response Codes which has been developed from UPC bar codes The rapid increase in smartphones has led to a gush of QR code applications. You should not consider this directly in your design because it is not something which is considered directly, but it is something which is considered in printed form.
- Social media buttons or badges: Website success or failure depends on marketing. The social media buttons like share for Facebook, +1’s for Google+, tweet for twitters help to promote your content across the web. Therefore, including the social media buttons in your blogs or articles will help the users to share the content easily using these buttons.
- Infinite scrolling: It is a trend that has taken the web by storm. It was first made popular by social media site Pinterest. It allows the content to keep loading continuously as user scrolls down the page (without reloading the page) and hence offers a great user experience.
- Large Photo backgrounds: Using the oversized photography in the background on your website is a great way to grab the attention of the visitors and it can look awesome if done properly. When big photographs which are pleasing to eyes are place in your website, then it will provide you a great competitive edge in marketing. It behaves as a custom branding for everyone who lands on website.
Summary: For a successful user experience, it is necessary to keep in mind the user interface and then design the site by trying to provide them the perfect navigations and content styles according to their devices. The trends discussed in this post will help the designers to move into the right direction.