The questions which come to mind about the making of the website are,” What is the purpose of the website? How is it to make a website? ”. We all go through this at one stage or other.
I thought I must put across some basics on “How to make a website”. Basically, it comes to 2 options:
Option 1: Hire a web designing company
Option 2: Develop a website yourself.
Hiring a Web Developer
This is a straightforward approach. Hire a suitable web designer, pay him and get it done. You will reduce the stress, web designing company will create your website as per your requirements. If you also want these services or maintenance services like updating the website, maintaining the website, SEO, and CMS, then can also hire the company for their services. I also discussed hiring a web designer.
- A web design company will create a customized website for your business.
- Professional web design and enhanced functionality as web developers have experience and know how to add required features as per the nature of your website.
- It’s an expensive option to hire a web developer. You are looking to pay something like $300 upwards for reasonable website development. I added a price analysis of Canadian web design companies to give you some ideas.
- Finding a suitable web design company in your locality may be hard. So you may have to resort to online search which is a tricky affair.
I am planning to add a list of web-designing companies in Canada to this blog shortly.
Make a Website on Your Own
If you have the knowledge of designing or want to attain this skill you can start developing. Let me say that it’s not as difficult as often thought. There are three answers to How to Make a Website on your own:-
1. Method Using a desktop application.
2. Method Using online Web-Builder.
3. Method Us Seree open-source scripts like WordPress, Joomla, etc.
Making Website with Desk Top Applications:
There is a number of web development tools like Dreamweaver, coffee cup, Microsoft expression web, etc. using which one can develop a website. Most web development tools/applications are used without serious knowledge of coding. However, it would need some kind of assistance. Videos on YouTube would do.
If you are looking at a dynamic advanced website, this method may not be right for you unless you know scripting languages.
Buying a website template may be a good way to start on these web builders. It can reduce the learning curve.
- You can decent website templates atone them at a low cost and add Ow your n text/images the pros:
- No web development cost.
- Build as you approach.
- Easy future management/modifications.
- Learning new skills.
A bit of a learning curve is involved in handling the desktop web builder.
Software licenses are costly, however, there are some free web designing tools available on the net. You will need a google search for this.
A comprehensive website would need knowledge of scripting language which may be a time-consuming online web Builder to Make Website.
Lots of online web builders have come up these days. An online web builder has tutorial videos for thinners. These are easy to use, just select the template, and drag and drop the objects for creating the website. I am compiling the least of the online web builders and will add them here shortly.
- No technical skills are required: without technical skills, you can create a website in minutes; without the use of code, you can just pick and drop the images as you want.
- Affordable: it reduces the cost by making and changing your own.
- User preview: While creating your site you can preview your site. This makes it easier to see whether it is going to be user-friendly and whether the colors you are choosing look good.
- Online support system: online web builders have a support system. Whenever you get stuck up, there will be support via email or through the forums.
- Limited Design Features: when you are using the templates, mostly you can’t create your design. You will be at risk; your site looks similar to others.
- Costly Expansion: when you want to add additional features or purchase three spaces to expand your site, then it will become costly. These builders are not able to handle large or complex websites.
- Unreliable: If you have selected a reliable builder then you are running the risk of losing your entire site because you are using an online site builder and your data will be stored on the site.
- Limited Hosting Availability: All Online site builders are not compatible with all web hosting services, Marabou will libel limited to a web-hosting provider, through which you will get downtime during high traffic spikes, or limited width.
Building a Website Using online Scripts (Word Press, Joomla, etc.)
You must have heard of blog blogspot.com. There Aris a number of free open-source scripts using which one can develop a bite. These include WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Tumblr, Blogspot, and many more. Depending upon the type of website, like a forum (PHP BB) and eCommerce site, etc., you can do a bit of google search and select one.
- Simple easy way to make a website.
- Least expensive.
- Mostly these scripts also have free themes.
- It’s a time-consuming process to find which of these tools is most suited to your requirement.
- Free themes/templates are not very professional, so you may need to buy the template.
- Bug removal and extensive customization may need help from a professional developer.
To conclude, the question of “How to Make a Website” may not practically be answered in a short article or tutorial. It is mainly because of the large number of options available to design a site. If you are looking to do so, I would suggest spending a couple of hours on an analysis of the options available.