One of the biggest issues a lot of small businesses have is trying to keep their updates engaging and ultimately fresh. Keeping your social media content fresh is a full-time job and we’ve got some great tips and hints to do just that.
Even for professional marketers, being able to keep on top of social media posts and ensure that they remain quite exciting and engaging can be a task. So, for people not in the marketing industry, it can even be harder.
However, there are a number of different things. You can do to help and we’ve compiled a list of ways to help you keep things zingy and take things to the next level, rather than down a level.
These tips will go a long way to keeping people interested and increasing those social shares and clicks.
- Be Human – this is the number one most important rule that there is in social media – be human. Being social, conversational, and talking and engaging others to go a long way to keeping people engaged. So, share their content, and other people’s links, and be creative.
- We all get stuck now and then and don’t have the slightest clue what to post – it’s a social media form of writer’s block. The best way to get inspiration is to simply look at the date. There’s always a calendar date that deserves a post coming up and a date-specific promotion, stream, chat, or hashtag is a great way to engage people and create a conversation. Go a little further and create an image or even a meme to do with the occasion and share it through social. It’s a great way to get an engaging yet easy boost.
- Use the Crowd – Why not crowdsource your content through fans? It works on a dual level – you get free content and secondly, you also get to engage them. Photo contests, polls, or even an on-page question will engage and improve input and are a great way to get people interested.
- Good quotes or questions are also a good way to get people interested and share your posts online.
Let’s Develop the Question Idea
One of the great things about asking questions is that it automatically will spark a talk or a conversation. We know at Fuse Wave how much people love to have their opinion heard. It can be a fantastic way for you to improve your business.
Ask questions that allow you to gain insight into what the customer wants and if you get enough quality engagement you can use them elsewhere. These sessions make great blog posts, while also improving engagement and connections with your clients or customers.
Other Content Ideas for Social Media Content
There are a number of other great content sources that make great Facebook posts or tweets – try some of these:
- Industry blogs
- Headlines from the paper
- Pinterest can be a good place to look
- YouTube can be a good way to place a visual aspect of a story
- Your blog – have you written something of late that could be a good, shareable post
Now, get them out there and post them online. All you need is a couple of lines for a Facebook post and the prerequisite 140 characters on Twitter with a couple of hashtags.
There are all sorts of other ways to keep your content fresh and engage people. It’s a case of variety in most cases and not doing the same thing again and again. It might have brought you success the first few times. But people get sick of formulated posts – so mix them up a little.