Canadian online attitudes have been modified. A social network is not only for fun, SNS helps with other community services, events, & E-Commerce. The use of a Social Network in Canada is turning into a very solid fundraising operating system and Canadian Non-Profits have missed taking benefit from it yet. SNS also delivers a great interaction tool when it comes to emergency situations.
1. 59 % of people believe Social Media is a superb tool to reach loved ones in emergencies.
2. 32 % of Canadians expect that 911 services should be provided through Social Media channels too.
3. 69 % of Canadians actively engage in SNS by watching videos, or sharing them online, or uploading them.
Canadian social media:
Social media activity grew by 3 % in Canada in 2013. Worldwide Canada has the highest SNS penetration. 82 % of Canadians use SNS by comparison to 75 % of Americans. Canada ranks 12th in the number of hours spend actually using SNS daily. Canadian individuals use approximately 2 hours and 19 minutes on SNS each day.
- 9 % of Canada’s cell phone users utilize location-based services.
- 46 % of smartphone users have a social media app.
Classification of Canadian SNS users:
Canadian SNS users have been classified with respect to Demographic and Geographic;
- 70% of female users are on Facebook every week
- 56% of males who checked their Facebook in the past week
- 62% of Canadians over the age of 13 are on various SNS.
- 79% of Canadians between the ages of 16-26 are on Social Media networks.
Social media site involvement in Canada varies from province to province. SNS involvement beats every other Canadian city. The three most well-interconnected cities are Ottawa, Vancouver, and Toronto.
- Ontario is a very connected province with over 67 % of the citizens on SNS.
- Quebec is the very least connected province with only 49 % of citizens’ lies on SNS.
Social media sites:
Almost half of Canadian social media users only use one social network regularly. And while one in three uses two Just 15 % log onto three different social networks every month.
- 93 % of the social media users polled said they were on Facebook.
- 31 % for LinkedIn
- 27 % for Twitter
- 18 % for Pinterest
Facebook: 85 % of Canadians have a Facebook account. Beyond 19 million Canadians are now logging onto Facebook a minimum of once each month. That’s more than half the population but 14 million check their news feed every day.
- 13 million are connected to the SNS around once a month on a smartphone
- 4 million Use a phone or tablet to interact with the social network daily.
Twitter: 46 % of Canadians have a Twitter account and 22 % have used Twitter the previous month. Current year, the number of monthly active Twitter users is slated to leap by 28.8 %. Endmost of 2014, Canada will be at 20.8 % penetration in the marketplace. Or 5.6 million monthly active users across the country, making us second only to the U.K., which has a 27.3 % penetration.
LinkedIn: 30% of Canadians have a LinkedIn account and 11% have used LinkedIn in the past month.
Other SNS sites:
Canadians delight in good content and they value it by sharing it with their loved ones. This is the factor that content-rich social networks like Pinterest and other blogging platforms are obtaining popularity in Canada. Over 45 % read blogs and over 21 % hear to online podcasts.
Google+: 45% have a Google+ account and 13% have used Google+ in the past month.
Pinterest: 26% have a Pinterest account and 10% have used Pinterest in the past month.
Over 47 % of Canadian Entrepreneurs recognize that Social network will assist their business, but only 39 % have some form of online existence and just 24 % of Canadian Firms engage their consumers daily on Social media marketing. Take Action; Make a solid Social Media plan and either spend human resources to execute it or hire an outside agency to do it for you. Canadians spend the most time on Social networking sites: Over 44 hours at each month, which is beyond another European or North American country. Canada got the most advanced broadband network with over 96 % of Canada can access the internet from their home.
With the Use of a Social Network in Canada, people have been able to connect with friends and family members from different parts of the globe. In today’s world, the Use of Social Networks has become an integral part of our life. It has changed the way we communicate and interact with each other. The use of Social Network in Canada, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. have made communication easier and more convenient.